ORCS: THE BAD GUYS OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN'S MIDDLE EARTH


I started doing historical reenacting in 1980, and have been involved in the Middle Ages, the American Revolution, the English Civil War, Roman (very intensely since 1991), Ancient Greek, and a couple other things on the side. (See links at bottom of page for evidence.) And now I want to be an ORC! Well, not really BE one, just assemble all the clothing and gear, an "impression", as we say in reenacting. It's only fair, since Tolkien was a big part of the reason I got into reenacting in the first place. So it's kind of like coming home again!

Actually, I will be doing at least two impressions for starters. The Uruk-hai were always my heroes, and I loved the ones in the movie. But they do not match Tolkien's admittedly vague descriptions in the books. So, thought I, Do both! With my usual dedication to accuracy, I am attempting to recreate an Uruk-hai based closely on the movie, and an entirely different outfit following the books. Along the way I'll knock out some things for other orcs, too, either from the movie or the books. Orcish things by other people may also show up here, with their permission. There is also a page of non-orcish items which I have made, and a page about Tolkien's orcs in general.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gnolls in Dungeons & Dragons

Frost Giants - Heavy Support